All WGNC members and their guests are welcome to join us for another virtual Show & Tell Gallery Jan 21, 2021. Spend an evening with your fellow woodturners as we explore and share members' projects, ideas, issues and yes, even those shop disasters.
The forum is intended for all levels of woodturners and is a safe and respectful place to solicit input and advice regardless of your experience level. So, come join us for this enjoyable interactive session.
Nothing to share this month? No problem. Come join us anyway and be part of the interaction.
- The deadline for submissions is 6:00 PM on Wednesday, Jan. 20, 2021. Due to processing time, we cannot accept entries received after this time.
- Include one or two photos of each piece (front/back top/bottom, since we can't hold it up.
- Include your name, wood species, largest dimension, and a short (one or two sentence) description.
- Each person can submit up to two items per session.
- Send a separate email for each piece submitted.
- Reduce your photo file size before sending – try to keep files to 1Mb or less.
- Include your name in your photo file name.
Some photo tips:
- Use a booth/backdrop if you have one, or use a solid color wall.
- Find good lighting, preferably from one source. Don't rely on camera flash.
- If it's a finished piece, we suggest your best "gallery" shot and another of the bottom or profile/detail not shown in the main shot.
- If it's a work in progress, closeup shots of problem areas or specific challenges would be appropriate.
- Crop your photos fairly close to the object alone.
- Thursday Jan. 14th
- Zoom session opens at 6:15 PM
- Business meeting begins at 6:45 PM
- Demonstration begins at 7:00 PM
Do you find it challenging to remount your work for final finishing? Have you been stumped when faced with remounting an otherwise finished piece for a touch-up or modification? If so, join us for an informative demonstration on vacuum chucking application for woodturning.
It's that time of year again and we are asking you for your support by renewing your WGNC membership.
We have some exciting new programs planned for 2021 you won't want to miss. Want a preview? Then take a peek at the "A look ahead - 2020 & 2021" posting on this page.
We can only continue to offer this level of content with the support of our members. So, take a moment now and renew your WGNC membership. It only takes a minute.
Do so today by clicking this membership renewal link. Members can alternatively mail a $50 check to:
Thanks for your support!
Access to the NCSU Crafts Center remains closed, but WGNC is committed to keeping things going via virtual events during the coming weeks and months.
Our intent is to provide 2 to 3 monthly events, each on Thursday nights. This includes the usual 2nd-Thursday club meeting and demo, a meeting solely for show and tell with associated discussions, and another for either a video watch party or smaller breakout demos.
Here's what we have on the calendar currently. Please note items are subject to change as options become available. All activities start at about 7pm, but any variations will be included in our newsletters.
- Jan 21: Show & Tell (2-item limit, 2 photos of each piece)
- Feb 11: Turning Burls/Phil Rose
Page 1 of 2